Monday, August 18, 2008

MONDAY BLUES

I had been planning to start a blog since quite some time .However , I was lacking the requisite motivation.

And since I am writing this post, the motivation did finally come (I will divulge the details ).

Monday morning , preceded by 3 continuous holidays, and a frustrating placement session,was

as bad as it can get. morning was all about beating the clock and attending 2 redundant lectures ,the

common thread between the lectures being that both the discoursers ( pun intended) rely on the philosophy that common sense is most uncommon.

The mess lunch did its best to dampen my spirits further but could not deprive me of my smile.

The Dsp class followed :50+8 minutes of pretension that I m following all that is being talked about .

It was fun , however . I soon realized that it is not only we, the students but even our dearest prof

Mr. you know who( by the way, why do all unreasonable objects get abbreviated as GS????????? ) was unsure of the “basics” which he preached to us .( He says , it is essential to master these in order to “compete” in the TCS Placement interviews.)

And yes , if any well wisher of Mr. you know who is listening , please buy that man a watch, get it synchronized with the BIT timings and put some alarm mechanism so that it reminds him when the class gets over officially.

So, the motivation ……..

It was the microprocessor lab , instructions were clear and stringent……

You need to know telepathy …

I know I m paraphrasing it , actually the instructions were :

“Thou shalt not look at the teacher, nor call him , nor stand up to get noticed , nor resort to any other suggestive gesture to capture the teachers attention, in order to get your programs checked.”

Well , I m sorry “Mr. I walk around a single point” , but I broke it.

After sitting idly for about 2 2 mins, I committed the cardinal sin …...,”sir “ I called out.

So, I was suitably reprimanded as befits a sinner of my stature. But, again my smile refused to die down.

Next, threats followed.

But , me and my smile braved it all, the problematic 8085 simulator, the disgusting modifications , the unstated common agreement between the four invigilators (“Make everyone wait as long as you can“Pact 2008 Ref:www.ecebit.org/unsaid policies/) ,and the presence of nerdy souls who have embarked upon programming 8085 as the mission of their lives.

So, here I am smiling as I post this.

I smile on the characters and practices around me and on the futility of it all.

And I post this so that you can smile with me.

Cheers…………..

3 comments:

Leonidas said...

gud1 maan...really sums up the day...uP lab to abs dictatorship hai...dunno wat he thinks of himself...as for GS..well i have this to say &^% ^^& !!^ tht sums up my feelings bth fr the teacher and the company

Keep Shattering more keys
:)

k'sonal_theknowlegend said...

nice to see u in bloggers(r may be "bogglers" thats wat i feel aftr my brief stay here..) world.

loved the way u wrote....
spl. the "GS abbreviations"(still comatosed!! i think??)
wellll,i duno "mr.you know who" so no commnts on him...bt it was a nice way..i lyked this one.
well i felt somtyms u minced ur wrds..
bt all in all....u wr too gud.
frthr posts awaiting...

SGM said...

gr8 work dude....keep it up....good writing skill as well as brilliant points......chalo continue the gud work...